Janet Sings French
‘Whatever language she chooses to sing in, Seidel makes any song sound better than it should.’
All about Jazz USA - Online Guide
Her CD with a French theme 'Comme Ci Comme Ca' was reviewed by John Shand in the Sydney Morning Herald: 'Janet Seidel can deliver songs with the smoothness of Dubonnet over ice'.
With 14 CD releases under her belt (La Brava Records) and over 20 years of experience, Janet Seidel has attained the kind of status and reputation for quality most performers around the world only dream about. With a fan base of thousands, her concerts are usually sold out soon after tickets go on sale. She performs regularly in festivals around Australia, Asia and the United States with her quartet of superb musicians or can be seen in comfortable cabaret houses and private functions as a trio for more exclusive audiences.
Janet can perform a bracket of French songs such as:
- ‘The Windmills of your Mind: le Moulin de mon coeur’ - Movie: Thomas Crown Affair
- ‘Smile: Jai ton sourir’ - Movie: Charlie Chaplin Story
- ‘La Vie En Rose’ - Movie: French Kiss
- ‘I Will Wait for You’ - Movie: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
- ‘Madame’ - Movie: The Razor’s Edge
- ‘Summer of ‘42: ‘l’ete 42’ from the movie of the same name
- ‘C’est si Bon’ 50’s style
- ‘Padam’ - Edith Piaf
- ‘A Paris’: Quintessential Parisian ‘Bal musette’
- ‘L’accordeoniste’ - Edith Piaf
And many many more including Charles Trenet, Charles Aznavour, and Michel Legrand.
Janet performs with an exciting trio of Django Reinhardt style gypsy guitarist Chuck Morgan Accordion Maestro Kym Till, and swinging jazz bassist David Seidel.
She is doing a featured spot with this group at the Sydney Art Gallery’s Pissaro Exhibition in November.